Create a college football ranking system including standard (win/loss) as well as zany (US News ranking, student body size, etc.) criteria. Use past score results as to produce some rankings.
- Conference Compare
- Compare conference by looking at similar performing school. With a complete season, we can compare non-conference games between teams. A conference champ beating a last place team does not count for much. A last place team beating a conference champ would count for a lot. Home field will also be considered.
- Team ranking profile
- Use a normal distribution to plot the rankings of all opponents. Then determine mean and deviation for losses and wins as well as adjusted ranking.
- What if they played here
- Apply schedules from one team or conference to another and determine if they would be better or worse. Use to compare conferences
- Modified BCS
- Throw in criteria like US News ranking to the BCS standings and see if they get results
- An interactive tool for predicting wins by selecting from some of the possible criteria. Also determine what appears to be most signficant in all the criteria